Competition #: 07-28-2020-001
Westmont Montessori School is currently seeking an afternoon 0.3FTE French teacher for our Early Years (pre-school) through Grade 8 programs. It is desired that the successful applicant holds BC Teacher certification and has experience in French instruction, however individuals with relevant training and experience in teaching French will also be considered.
Westmont Montessori School is a highly regarded independent Montessori school in Victoria BC, Canada offering education from preschool through grade eleven. Westmont has been a part of the community for over 60 years with our roots dating back to a small school founded in 1954. Many children and grandchildren of the original students continue to be part of the Westmont family. The school is now situated on a stunning eight-acre site on Metchosin Road with access to the Sitting Lady Falls and Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park. For more information about our school please visit www.west-mont.ca.
Approximately 0.3 FTE, 2020-21 School Year (Probationary Period), with contract extension available based on performance review
Deadline for Applications: Open until Filled
Start Date: September 1, 2020
- Bachelor of Education and current BC Certification
- Consideration also given to candidates with other qualifications related to French instruction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented learning environment
- Assessment literate
- Ability to utilize varied instructional strategies to meet a wide range of individual needs
- Commitment to on-going professional growth
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Strong technology and 21st Century Learning skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications by email to:
Mr. Magnus Hanton, Principal
Westmont Montessori School
Note: Applications for this employment opportunity are to be received via email, quoting the competition number in the subject line of your email message. Thank you for your interest in this position, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.