Competition #: 06-18-2020-002
Westmont Montessori School is currently seeking a part-time teacher to fill a vacancy in our High School program for the 2020-21 school year. It is required that the successful applicant holds a specialization in teaching Secondary Mathematics. Instruction duties for the upcoming year include teaching Mathematics to Grade 9-11. Given the inter-disciplinary approach of the High School Montessori program, any other expertise in teaching specialty areas will be strongly considered.
Westmont Montessori School is a highly regarded independent Montessori school in Victoria BC, Canada offering education from preschool through grade eleven. Westmont has been a part of the community for over 60 years with our roots dating back to a small school founded in 1954. Many children and grandchildren of the original students continue to be part of the Westmont family. The school is now situated on a stunning eight-acre site on Metchosin Road with access to the Sitting Lady Falls and Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park. For more information about our school please visit www.west-mont.ca.
Deadline for Applications: Open until Filled
Approximately 0.22 FTE, 2020-21 School Year (Probationary Period), with contract extension available based on performance review
- Bachelor of Education (Specialization in Mathematics) and current BC Teachers Certification
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented learning environment
- Commitment to extra-curricular activities
- Assessment literate
- Ability to utilize varied instructional strategies to meet a wide range of individual needs
- Commitment to on-going professional growth
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Strong technology and 21st Century Learning skills
- Ability to instruct in both an in-person and remote learning environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Westmont salaries are paid out at 80% of Sooke District #62 Grid based on qualifications and experience
- Health benefits available
- Staff tuition discounts
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications by email to:
Mr. Magnus Hanton, Head of School
Westmont Montessori School
Please clearly indicate in your application the competition number that you wish to be considered for.
Note: Applications for this employment opportunity are to be received via email, quoting the competition number in the subject line of your email message. Thank you for your interest in this position, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.