Competition #: 05-17-2019-002
Position: Lower Elementary Montessori Teacher (Grades 1-3) – Full-Time
Deadline for Applications: May 31, 2019
Employment Term: August 26, 2019- June 23, 2020
Westmont Montessori School is currently seeking a full-time Montessori teacher in our Lower Elementary program for the remainder of the 2019-20school year. It is required that the successful applicant holds Elementary Montessori certification, and has several years of teaching in the Lower Elementary Montessori classroom.
Westmont Montessori School is a highly regarded independent Montessori school in Victoria BC, Canada offering education from preschool through grade ten. Westmont has been a part of the community for over 60 years with our roots dating back to a small school founded in 1954. Many children and grandchildren of the original students continue to be part of the Westmont family. The school is now situated on a stunning eight-acre site on Metchosin Road with access to the Sitting Lady Falls provincial park and Witty’s Lagoon beach. For more information about our school please visit www.west-mont.ca.
- Bachelors of Education and current BC Certification
- Montessori certification at the Elementary level required
- Several years of Lower Elementary teaching experience
- Experience working with children with special needs would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented learning environment
- Commitment to extra-curricular activities
- Assessment literate
- Ability to utilize varied instructional strategies to meet a wide range of individual needs
- Commitment to on-going professional growth
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Strong technology and 21st Century Learning skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications by email to:
Mr. Jason Bowers, Assistant Principal
Westmont Montessori School
Note: Applications for this employment opportunity are accepted via email, quoting the competition number in the subject line of your email message. Thank you for your interest in this position, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.